River Ridge Bell Tower

 To go to the next part of this section, select Next: Back Home Next

Select the picture to expand it to full size.

The River Ridge Bell Tower

The whole instrument was installed in 1914 with bells made by Meneely/Troy of Troy New York and cost $12,500.  There were 11 bells in the tower which were played every evening at sunset.  The largest bell weighed 3,780 pounds and its pitch was D in the middle octave.  The weight of all the bells totaled 12,500 pounds.  The campanile is inscribed with the words, "Sing out to the peaceful valley a song of eventide, ring out to the fertile fields a song on moontide".  The campanile is an exact duplicate of the West Point Military Academy's.  The bells were first played Memorial Day 1914, using a keyboard with Faith Kinney as the first official chimes player.  In later years, Leora Sucher, secretary of the Chamber of Commerce in Franklin, was among the players. The bells are now in the Eglise Notre Dame D'Anjou Church in Montreal Canada.  Suzanne Grandelis Passauer and her mother Millie Grandelis saw the bells in 2000. 

 

 http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/dubuisson1/feb07/cc2649.jpg

The Current Location of the River Ridge Bells is the Eglise Notre Dame D'Anjou Church in Montreal Canada.

The chimes were sold in 1967 to this church by the White Fathers.  The 6 largest  bells are hung as a swinging peal, the other 5 smaller bells hung as a chime.

To observe the location of this church on a map, click here.

Location of River Ridge bells.  To read the reference for the bell's location, click here.  Look for the highlighted listing.

Name:

Eglise Notre Dame D'Anjou

Address:

8200 Place De L'Eglise

City:

Aniou (Is part of Montreal)

State:

Quebec

Postal Code:

H1K 2B3

Phone:

(514) 353-5560

 To go to the next part of this section, select Next: Back Home Next