Thanks to Albert and Millie Grandelis family of Oil City, PA for the following images.
The following images were found in an album in October 2012 in the Grandelis family home.
Large crews of workman were engaged in the construction of River Ridge, including the mansion on the hill overlooking the Allegheny River. This photo was taken July 10, 1913, showing the stone walls going up.
Crews of workers, including many stonemasons, were hired to build the River Ridge mansion and other structures. This photo was taken July 10, 1913
Building the River Ridge Mansion July 10, 1913
A Buffalo Springfield steam tractor hauling the Gate stone across the farm to the spot near the railroad tracks where it was hoisted into place. 1913
Erecting the Gate stone. 1913
The Gate stone in place above the gate. The farm manager's home is seen in the background. 1913
The River Ridge campanile, or bell tower with the bells in place. The farm manager's home is seen in the background.
The left end of the River Ridge Mansion Living room. The front of the mansion is to the image's right. The Living Room fireplace still exists. Doors to the mansion Dining Room may be seen to the right and left of the fireplace.
The River Ridge Mansion Dining Room as it looked abt. 1913-14. This image is looking at the the left half (off center) of the left end of the Dining Room with the front of the mansion to your right. The corner china cabinet seen in this image is one of two that still exist in this room. The other china cabinet is to the right of the fireplace. This image was taken before the Sunroom addition was added. Note the window to the left of the fireplace. Once the addition was added, this window was changed to a door. The window to the right of the fireplace remained a window. The surprise here is that the mansion's dining table appears to only set eight people.
An early annual farm day hosted by Joseph Sibley. Note the horse drawn carriages. This handsome brick barn was built by Robert G. Lamberton and was part of the original Lambarton farm before the development by Joseph Sibley.
A later annual farm day hosted by Joseph Sibley. Note the automobiles. This is also another image of the Lamberton barn. The farm's Machine Shed can be seen to the right of the barn.
One of the many annual farm days that Congressman Sibley hosted on River Ridge Farm. Note the farm's Green House in the background. The building in the foreground of the Green House is unknown.
The River Ridge Mansion front is shown here soon after the two far right and left additions were added to the mansion. Note the lighter colored roof tile above the right and left portions of the mansion. This denotes where the two additions were added. The addition on the right consisted of a Porch on the lower floor and a Solarium on the upper floor. The left addition consisted of a Porch on the lower floor and a Solarium to the Sibley's master bedroom suite on the upper floor.
While this is the back side of the River Ridge mansion, it was the side most seen by arriving visitors as it contained the covered main entrance to the home. Note the new addition on the right added to the mansion, seen by the lighter roof tile. The new addition contains a Porch on the lower floor and a Solarium added to the Sibley's master bedroom suite on the upper floor.